ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Monday, March 30, 2009

MOLSON'S PREZ. HAS NOT TALKED TO GILLET ABOUT BUYING THE CANADIENS


According to TSN, Molson is interested in buying the Habs. "I have not talked to George Gillett since the majority owner of the Montreal Canadiens announced plans to review his holdings,"Molson's president Peter Swinburn said Monday.When asked if Swinburn follow's the Canadiens he simply said:"I don't really follow the Canadiens." "We had engaged six investment advisers around the world and it got reported as four and that we were selling assets as opposed to estate planning. Even when you think you're doing it right it gets distorted,"Gillett said.

"There is no story yet, we'll find out what it is when we get the reports."Gillett said."I'm not going to sell my teams,"Gillett added. I think that all this speculation about the Gillett wanting to sell the Habs is all false,I mean he's denied it Manny times. I think Gillett will not be sellling the Habs any time soon.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment