ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, March 14, 2009

BRODEUR LOOKS TO TIE ROY'S RECORD TONIGHT IN MONTREAL



Tonight in Montreal, Brodeur will look to tie Roy's record for most career wins. The Canadiens Interim Coach & General Manager Bob Gainy will look to get his players to make Brodeur wait another day to Tie Roy's Record."I think we will be doing our best to see that what ever millstone he's trying to get to doesn't happen tomorrow,"Gainy told the media on Friday. When Gainy was asked by a TSN reaporter: where does Brodeur rank under star goalies like Roy and Dryden? He simply responded:" I don't have an opinion." Brodeur is ecstatic about trying to tie Roy's record in his home town."There's something to be excited about now," Brodeur said. "I'm happy I get to go to Montreal for a chance to tie the record. It just adds to the story. You can't ask for a better script to a certain extent."

After the Devils beat the Coyotes 5-2 on Thursday, he looked at the schedule relizing he could tie the record in Montreal and then come back home and beat the Record. "I looked at the schedule, and everyone said, "You can do it in Montreal." I thought, "Well, I've got to win seven games, and that's a lot of games to win after you don't play for four months.Tonight's game is going to be emotional not just for me, but for my friends and family who have been around me for all of these years - to see that happening in front of their eyes," Brodeur said. "I've been fortunate to have a lot of success and this game will have a bit of pressure. I'm happy I'll be able to live it with my friends and family."The puck drop for tonights game will be at 7:08pm E.T on CBC-M,RDS And MSG-NewJersey.

Written by Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment