ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Canadiens fall 4-3 in a Shootout to the Sabers



The Canadiens were down 2-0 going into the second period but they never game up.First it was Higgins from the top of the left circle firing home his 10th goal of the Season. Then it was Koivu on the wraparound tipped in by Kovalev to tie the game at 2-2. They were not done yet, on the Powerplay Schneider took a slap shot from the point,it was stopped by Miller but then Kovalev barried the rebound for his second goal of the game (Kovalev's 50th 2 goal game).

The game later went to a shootout where Lydman of Buffalo scored five hole on Carey Price for the shootout winner.Ryan Miller stopped all 6 Montreal shooters for the 4-3 victory."I was a bit disappointed in the second period for giving up 3 goals, so I wanted to be there for the boys and I'm glad I got my opportunity," said Miller.

Carey Price made 34 saves in the game and stopped 5 of 6 shots in the shootout."I felt like I am back," Price said. "This was probably the first night in a while that I felt really good.Both teams really wanted those points. I'm glad we got at least one."Montreal coach and GM Bob Gainey was happy wuth the effort by his team."You could say we gave up a lead in the third period or that we came back after we were behind 2-0," he said.

"It was a good game.Both teams had a lot riding on it. It was a like a playoff game. We came here fully committed to taking two points, but we didn't so we can't be satisfied. But we gained a point on the team ahead of us (the New York Rangers), so we can exhale."The Canadiens next game will be on Tuesday against The Chicago Blackhawks on TSN, RDS and Versus.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment