ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Maxim Lapierre said it was never his intention to hurt Buffalo forward Patrick Kaleta last Saturday.


Kaleta of the Buffalo Sabers suffered a concussion three minutes into the game after being checked from behind by Lapierre. Lapierre said that he never intended to hurt Kalets.“He was close to the boards. I gave him a push and he fell harder than I thought,” the Montreal centre said. Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff was not happy with the hit.You can tell the impact by the fact his helmet flew off his head,” Ruff said.

“I disagree with the lack of respect (Lapierre) showed our player. He should be suspended,"Ruff added."I have heard nothing from the NHL. Witch means this case is closed,"Gainey said.“It’s sad that (Kaleta) suffered a concussion, but I wasn’t going toward anybody. I was just doing my job,” Lapierre explained. “I slowed down, but not enough, I guess.” Lapierre Will not be suspended.

written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment