ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

CARBONNEAU ADDRESSES MEDIA FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE BEING FIRED



Today, Former Montreal coach Guy Carbonneau adressed the media for the first time since being fired. So the media asked Carbonneau "Why did you wait untill to today to talk to the media?" SO he responded: "I wanted to have a people at my Birthday party."Put all jokes aside, it was clear that a part of him still hurt."I'm definitely not happy," he said of general manager Bob Gainey's decision on March 9 to fire him. "I didn't expect it.I thought we were going in the right direction, despite the fact that we were struggling for a while. Upset? It's the first time I got fired, so it's new to me.

"But everybody that knows me knows I'm a pretty positive person. The sun always comes up, and gives you another chance." Carbonneau also said how proud he was of what he accomplished the past 2 seasons as head coach. There are rumors that if the Stars don't make the playoffs this year, Carbonneau will be the next coach of the Stars.

Written by Andrew Di Pardo

Other NHL news:Martin Brodeur broke Patrick Roy's record last night in New Jersey`s game against the Blackhawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment