ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, September 4, 2010

HALAK RETURNS TO MONTREAL FOR AUTOGRAPHS


Today in Montreal, former Habs goaltender returned to Montreal for farewell autographs."It's really surprising, but it's nice that many people showed up," Halak said. "It feels weird, but I have great memories here and that's why I wanted to say thank you to the fans." Halak signed items from Hockey sticks to Canadiens Jerseys just so he can say a good bye to his fans."I'm sad I was traded, but I'm happy I will get a chance to play and be a No. 1 goalie," he said. "I was surprised, but I'm happy they got me. They showed me respect. I'm looking forward to it. It's a new challenge, new team, new friends."

Halak was traded to St.Louis on June 17th and was signed to a 4 year $15 million dollar contract on July 6th.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment