ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, September 9, 2010

HABS SIGN HALPERN TO A 1 YEAR DEAL


Today in Montreal, Canadiens Gm Pierre Gauthier announced that he had signed forward Jeff Halpern to a 1 year contract. The terms of this deal was not realesed.“As soon as Montreal showed interest, I was pretty excited. To be able to put on that jersey and play in that city for that team is a tremendous honor,” said Halpern. “I’ve played in the NHL for a long time, but I’m probably more excited for this than I’ve been at any point in my career. It’s a special feeling to join this organization." Halpern will wear number 15 this season with Montreal. He wanted to wear number 11 but Gomez took the number so he chose number 15.

Halpern spent the 09-10 season with Tampa Bay Lightning and the Los Angeles Kings and he played 71 games. In those 71 games he had 9 goals and 10 assist (19 points in total). He will be a big part of the Habs 3rd line.“I’ve played in some of the most southern cities with great weather and great organizations, but I’m a bit of a hockey nerd,” admitted Halpern. “I love being around it and I love when people are talking hockey and they’re kind of breathing the sport so the chance to play in that environment is a special thing for me.”

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment