ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, September 4, 2010

CANADIENS SIGN CAREY PRICE TO A 2 YEAR $5.5 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT


Today in Montreal, Habs Gm Pierre Gauthier announced that he has signed Carey Price to a 2 year $5.5 Million dollar contract. “We are extremely happy that Carey has agreed to pursue his career with the Canadiens. Carey is a key member of our Club. He has proven that he has what it takes to be a good goaltender in the league, and we are confident he will perform to the best of his abilities for years to come in a Canadiens uniform”, said Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier. Carey Price played 41 games last season and he had a record of 13-20-5 with 2.77 goals-against average and a .912 save percentage. Price also apeard in 4 playoff games but he didn't pick up a win.

“For me personally, I know I have to play better. I’m not putting the onus on anybody else,” confirmed Price. “It’s something I’m going to have to do and we’re going to have to do it as a team. We’re all going to have to play well in order to win and I personally want to play better.Last year was definitely challenging for me,” continued Price.It’s never easy not to play, but being able to learn lessons like that at a young age definitely helped. This past season, I learned that ice time isn’t just given to you; it’s earned.” Price will be looking just like he said to have a bounce back year. He would like to see more wins,less losses and a few shutouts. He will be hoping to have a year like he had in his rookie campain when he led the Habs to 1st place in the East.

“I feel great. I’m really excited to be back. It took a little longer than expected, but I’m just happy to have the deal done before heading back to Montreal,” Price said. “This year is a brand new start and I’m looking forward to getting into it.” You can expect Price to have a great season this year.
Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment