ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Monday, March 15, 2010

THE HABS WIN 5 IN A ROW!!!!!


Saturday night in Montreal, the Habs won their 5th straight game with a 3-1 win over Boston."It's a great feeling, but we can't stop right now," Markov said about going from 8th place to being tied for 6th with the Flyers. "We have to realize we have to keep going. We have 12 games left and we have to play the same way." In the victory, Sergei Kostitsyn had 2 goals (4th and 5th) and Markov added one on the powerplay for his 5th of the year. Jaroslav Halak made 21 saves for Montreal in the game.“I feel like we’re playing well right now, but there is still a long way to go,” said Markov. “I’m playing well, but I always hope that my best game will be my next one. I enjoy every game I play and I appreciate every shift I play, especially at this time of the year.”

Halak is a huge part of this win streak because he has played in all of the last 5 games which Montreal had won."The last game wasn't my best one, but we won the game at the end of the night," Halak said. As for the Bruins in the loss, Lucic had a goals and Wheeler had a goal as well in the loss."I'm very happy the coach showed me that confidence, and I didn't let him down.""The way Montreal's been playing thus far, we didn't put a full 60-minute effort in," Lucic (who had a goal in this game) said about losing 5 of 6 games against the Habs this year. "I think that's what hurt us." This was the first time Montreal has won 5 in a row since October 2009.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment