ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, March 28, 2010

BRODEUR GIVES THE DEVILS A 4-2 WIN OVER THE STRUGGLING CANADIENS


Last night in Montreal, Martin Brodeur made 25 saves on 27 shots to give Montreal their 4th loss in 5 games."There are a lot of distractions for me every time I come to play to Montreal, so I really try to put my blinders on and do what I need to do to prepare for the game," said Brodeur, a native of the Montreal borough of St-Leonard. "Even if I've won a lot of these games, it's always a difficult game for me here."In the loss, Andre Kostitsyn and Tomas Plekanec scored and Jaroslav Halak made 23 saves on 26 shots. As for the Devils,Jamie Langenbrunner, Patrik Elias, Brian Rolston and Dainius Zubrus scored in the win.

In my opinion, the Montreal Canadiens were playing better than the Devils. By having more chances on goal and more quality opportunity's. You can say that they had about the same amount of chances. But Montreal had more quality shots and as I said before quality chances. The Devils were just dumping pucks at the net as Montreal was trying to make the right pass to get the goal. "Right after that first goal it deflated us a little bit, it kind of got us back in a shell," said Canadiens winger Brian Gionta, who left the Devils as a free agent in the off-season. "For about 10 or 12 minutes at least we sat back too much and gave them too much respect."

Montreal's next game will be on Wednesday against the Hurricanes on TSN and RDS at 7:00 pm E.t. But the puck drop will be at 7:08Pm E.t

Scores to keep an eye on:

Sabers 7-1 Lightning Final

Senators 3-2 Panthers Final

Bruins 5-0 Flames Final

Penguins
4-1 Flyers Final


Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment