ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, October 28, 2010

AULD TO MAKE CANADIENS DEBUT TOMORROW NIGHT; PRICE SILENCED THE CRITICS












MONTREAL, QUE- Today Jacques finaly set the date for when Alex Auld will start and it will be as soon as I don't know...Tomorrow. This start will be Auld's first start as a Montreal Canadien and it will be in Long Island,New York."Anytime you get an opportunity with a new team you're excited," said Auld. "Maybe a few years ago I would have dwelled on it more but now my focus is day-to-day.I found that if you start worrying about the games you're not playing then you're not ready when it's your turn. I just had to stay sharp. I knew it would come." This will be the Habs 10th game of the season and Price's first day off.

As Carey Price had a great record of 6-2-1 in those 9 games. So it was a good start for him as he silenced the critics. But I'm sure he won't mind a day off. After all he will be playing the next day."Last year I said we had two No. 1 goalies," said Martin. "I thought the competition brought out the best in both of them and helped them grow and to understand the demands of being a No. 1."This year it's a different situation from the start. Alex is a veteran who has a good relationship with Carey and he'll give us some strong games."

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment