ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, April 24, 2009

TANGUAY,LANG AND KOVALEV TALK ABOUT BEING FREE AGENTS


Today in Montreal, Tanguay, Kovalev and Lang talked about becoming free agents and why they would like to stay on Montreal.

Alex Tanguay:“I loved playing for the Canadiens,” said Alex Tanguay. “I’m a Quebecer. I’m close to my family, I like it here, I’m comfortable here and I feel at home. So the answer is yes, I’d like nothing more than to stay here in Montreal.”There is no other place in the NHL where fans are as active, loud and understand the game like here in Montreal,” continued Tanguay, who has clearly buried the hatchet from his days as a die-hard Nordiques fan. “I’d love to come back and give it another shot with the group we have here. Once you experience what it’s like to play here, you understand this is the ultimate hockey town. There’s nothing like it.”

Robert Lang:“I really loved it and had a great time here this year. The people are great and the fans are fantastic,” said Lang. “I really want to come back. I don’t think the pressure here is a distraction; I actually like it and fed off the energy that exists in Montreal.”

Alex Kovalev:“There’s no doubt that I’d love to remain a part of this team, a part of this city,” admitted Kovalev. “But it’s not only up to me.”When Kovalev was asked if he will go to a team like Detroit that are Supposed to be a contender? He simply responded: “Sure any player can just go to a team they think is on the edge of winning the Cup, but where is the fun and the challenge in that?” asked Kovalev rhetorically. “To me it’s more interesting to be with a team that isn’t expected to win and does great things. It just means more and it’s more fun that way.”

Only time will tell who will stay on Montreal and who will not.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment