ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, April 24, 2009

KOIVU IS NOT SURE IF HE WILL PLAY FOR THE HABS NEXT SEASON



Today in Montreal,Canadiens captain Saku Koivu said he is not sure if the Canadiens will sighn him in the offseason."If I'm not signed by July 1, I don't think I'll be back in Montreal," Koivu, told TSN. "Finishing your career with one team would be awesome in a way, but it's too early to say because I don't know what the team's plan is. We lost Wedsnday, so I need time to sit down with my family and figure out what's best for us." Saku Koivu played 65 games, he scored 16 goals and registerd 34 assist for a total of 54 points. The other players who might not be back next year with the Habs are forwards Alex Kovalev, Alex Tanguay, Robert Lang and Tom Kostopoulos and defencemen Mike Komisarek, Mathieu Schneider, Francis Bouillon, Patrice Brisebois and Mathieu Dandenault.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment