ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, April 25, 2009

CRAIG RIVET IS TRYING TO GET KOIVU ON THE SABERS


According to Francois Lemenu, The Sabers Captain is trying to convince former teammate Saku Koivu to sigh with the Sabers. Nobody knows if Montreal GM Bob Gainey has even started to place anything on the table for his 10 free agents.Koivu said if he does not get signed by the end of june they probably don't want him."If I'm not signed by July 1, I don't think I'll be back in Montreal," Koivu, told TSN."Finishing your career with one team would be awesome in a way, but it's too early to say because I don't know what the team's plan is. We lost Wedsnday, so I need time to sit down with my family and figure out what's best for us."

When Koivu was asked if he will join his brother in Minnesota? He simply responded:“It would be amazing in one way to play with him on the same team. But on the other hand, he’s at the point where he has his own career. He’s making a name for himself and in some ways, it’s easier for him and I’d like to keep it that way. But it’s tempting to think about playing on the same NHL team with him and having some success.”

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment