ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, April 26, 2009

KOIVU DOES NOT WANT TO LEAVE MONTREAL


Montreal Captain Saku Koivu told the media on Saturday that he does not want to leave Montreal."This city is a home for me. I've loved it here and I have no reasons to leave. But at this point, their plan has to be the same as mine.," Koivu said."I think I need some time right now to get away from the game, clear my head and think about what the future will be. Obviously, the team will do the same thing (to) make up their mind about what the roster is going to look like for next year."Saku Koivu also said he thinks if Gainey does not sign him by July 1st he probably won't be back in Montreal. In the regular season, Koivu played 65 games he scored 16 goals and got 34 assist for a total of 54 points.As for the playoffs, Koivu played 4 games he only had no goals and 3 assist for a total of 3 points.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment