ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, April 17, 2009

CANADIENS PLAYERS WILL NOT GET SUSPENDED FOR THE POST GAME SCRUM



According to sources, Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli said he wanted the NHL Commissioner Garey Bettman to look into two scrums that happened late in the third period of game 1 of the series between the Bruins and the Canadiens."They were just trying to send a message to us," Boston Coach Claude Julien said to the media. "If the league wants to look at it that's their business. In my opinion that's just playoff hockey." Montreal defenceman Mike Komiserk had a good laugh with the media when he was told that Chiarelli wanted a suspension for that fashwash on Bruins defenceman Matt Hunwick.

"That's a bit of a ridiculous statement," Komisarek said. "I don't know if the kid has gentle skin or what.It's playoff hockey, but I've never been like Larry, Moe and Curly and tried to poke someone's eye out." Hundwick said that he is not in the position to talk about it."He was facewashing me and I was facewashing him, so I'm not in a position to be making accusations," Hunwick said. "It's not one of those things where I'm waiting for the league to do something.If I knew something illegal happened, I'd probably say something. But I'm not in any frame of mind to be passing judgment." Game 2 of this series will be tomorrow night at 7:00pm E.T on CBC,RDS and NESN.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment