ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, January 11, 2009

S.Kostitsyn's late goal leads to a 5-4 Canadiens victory.



Going into last nights game the Cnadiens had won 3 in a row and were 12 points behind the Confrence leader.(The Boston Bruins)I don't think the Cnadiens focus going into last nights game against the Capitals was on the Bruins,I think it was more on defeating the Capitals for the first time this season.The game was tied at 4 apiece before S.Kostitsyn scored with just 21.2 seconds remaning in the Third period."The defenceman just couldn't see the puck," S.Kostitsyn told TSN.ca. "I saw it in his legs. I just took a shot. I didn't see where I was shooting."Some Capitals fans will say it was a fluke and some will say Johson should have stopped the shot. In this case it was the Capitals defenses falt for not seeing the puck.

With the Canadiens win Montreal Coach Guy Carbonneau will be the Assistant Coach of the Eastern Confrence All-Star team. It can be either a good or bad thing for Carbonneau,because the question is did he want to take the All-Star break off or did he want to coach."I was going to go to Florida, lie on a beach and enjoy it," said Carbonneau in disappointment. "I told (general manager) Bob Gainey, too bad I don't have a bonus for the all-star game."The Bruins coach Claude Juliens will be the head coach of the Eastern All-Star team.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

P.S Mats Sundin scored his first goal of the season,but the Canucks still lost the game to the Sharks by the score of 4-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment