ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Devils cruise by the Canadiens with a 4-1 victory



Brent Sutter was very confident his team would bounce back from a disappointing loss against Dallas on New Year's Eve.And love and be hold that's what happened."I just had a good feeling," Sutter said. "I trust that group inside the room. I had good vibes coming to the rink today that we were going to play a really good game. We had a tremendous effort from our goaltender right out."Scott Clemmensen made 33 saves and Jamie Langenbrunner and Zach Parise each had a goal and an assist.Brian Gionta and John Madden also scored for the Devils.

Max Pacioretty scored in his NHL debut for Montreal last night, which had won three straight going into last nights game."I'm glad to get the first one out of the way," Pacioretty said. "I know I have to play a lot better to stick around here. I think I'll be able to play better now that I got the first one out of the way. I wasn't handling the puck too well. Maybe it was the nerves."The Canadiens have a long list of injury's for Ex. Carey Price, Alex Tanguay, Christopher Higgins, Saku Koivu, Georges Laraque and Mathieu Dandenault.They all should return by the end of January.The Canadiens next game will be on a sunday afternoon at 2:00 Pm E.T on RDS.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment