ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Canadiens win streak comes to an end against the Bruins



Zdeno Chara scored 2 poweerplay goals to give the Bruins the lead at 2-1 the final would later be 3-1 with David Krejci late period goal.The Bruins have won their 3rd straight game against the Canadiens this season.But remember what happened last season the Canadiens had won 10 straight regular season games against the Bruins going into the playoffs and what happened?The Series went to seven games even though the Canadiens went up two games to none going into game 3,but eventually the Bruins tied the series at 3-3.The Canadiens won game seven 5-2.My point is that you can't go by regular season stats.It's like what happened to the Devils a few seasons ago, they finished in eighth but the won the Stanley cup.

Every time I watch the Canadiens against the Bruins it's always like a playoff game,especially when the fans are into the game."But when the crowd gets into it like that and the teams play with that much energy, it felt like the playoffs last year," the Bruins goalie said Tuesday night after stopping 34 shots in a 3-1 victory over the Canadiens. "It was one of the funnest games I've played this year." Their was a play earlier in the game when A.Kostitsyn hit Aron Ward from behind,it didn't look like a dirty hit but to some people it was."I'm going to let the league look into that," Julien said. "I guess the big thing with me is it's not the first time this guy has done that. I don't like to see that happening over and over from the same guys."A. Kostitsyn got a 5 minute major penalty for the hit."I don't get the five minutes," Thomas said. "I saw the replay and I didn't think it was a penalty." The Canadiens have won the past four out of six games played.The Canadiens next game will be on Thursday against the Predators.Saku Koivu is expected to make his return in Thurday nights game.


Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment