ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, January 9, 2009

THE LEAFS FORWARD GRABOVSKI GETS THREE-GAME SUSPENSION FOR ABUSE OF OFFICIAL



The NHL has suspended Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski three games for abuse of an official.This happened last night in Montreal when the Canadiens were leading 6-2 in the third period(Which would later be the final score)."I expected to be suspended for shoving Cherrey while trying to get at Kostitsyn, who was also fighting off officials to try and fight me."Graboski told the media in Russian(He had problems speaking in English to the media).Even though Cherrey was pulling Graboski back he still wanted to fight Kostitsyn.The Media is saying Graboski did the peace sigh to the Canadien crowed due to frustration over not being able to fight Kostitsyn. Grabovski said that he wouldn't mind challenging Kostitsyn to a fight where there are no Ref.s in sight. "I think he is not Belarussian now, he is French because I never fight with Belarussian guys," Grabovski said. "I don't know why he wants to fight with me. If he wants to fight, we'll go in the street and every minute of every day I'll wait for him and we'll fight."
Graboski will miss the leafs next 3 games.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment