ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lang's 3RD period Hat-Trick lifts the Canadiens by the Rangers by the score of 6-3



Robert Lang started the third period with no points but that would change as he put the puck in the net on the power-play to make the score be 4-2.He would add another later in the period to make it 5-3,and with under a minute to play he scored on the empty net for the Hat-Trick."You have to kind of challenge yourself that way. No, I'm just kidding," Lang said with a laugh.The Canadiens' power play is the fourth-worst in the NHL. It had finally connected on 2 out of the 4 power-plays last night.Which was kida surprising because the Habs were facing the number 1 PK team (New York Rangers)in the league."It's been kind of a hit and miss, more miss the last four or five games," Lang said.

Alex Kovalev,Guillaume Latendresse and Andrei Markov also scored for the Canadiens.The Canadiens golie Jaroslav Halak made 36 saves in the victory."I gave up some bad goals over there, but I'm not the first guy who did that and I'm not the last one," Halak said. "I knew I could play better. I was happy with my performance."Michal Rozsival,Chris Drury and Ryan Callahan scored the Rangers goals.Rangers golie Henrik Lundqvist stopped 19 shots in the lose."As a team we played really well, but you can't expect to win when I let in five goals," said Lundqvist, who has done that four times in his last 11 outings.

The Canadiens next game will be tonight in Montreal against the Leafs at 7:30pm E.T on Sent-O and RDS.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment