ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, November 11, 2010

HABS TRADE O'BYRNE TO COLORADO






















Today in Montreal, Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier traded defenseman Ryan O'Byne to the Colorado Avalanche for prospect Michael Bournival.“It’s going to be tough to leave these guys. I know a lot of these guys really well and developed some close friendships,” explained O’Byrne. “Unfortunately that’s the business; that’s hockey. One second you’re having breakfast with them and laughing with the guys and the next second, you’re booking flights to Columbus.” O'Byne only played 3 games this season and he had no points and no blocked shots.

The Habs in my opinion got ride of O'Byne because there is no room for him on the team. If Markov was not playing that O'Byne would be.  Montreal doesn't want to send O'Byne down to the AHL because they feel that he's earned his place in the NHL. That's why he got traded. But it is what it is.“Getting drafted by the Montreal Canadiens is something I’ll always remember. Being part of the 100th anniversary is something I’ll always remember,” O'Byne said. “But I think the number one memory for me is having my No. 3 retired in that ceremony and being the last guy to wear the No. 3 is something I’ll never forget. I mean, it wasn’t retired for me, but that’s something that will stick with you.”

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment