ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, September 24, 2009

BRISEBOIS TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT


Today in Montreal, long time veteran defenceman of the Montreal Canadiens Patrice Brisebois announced that after 18 years and 2 Stanley Cups in the NHL he is ready to retire. “Patrice was really important to me at the beginning of my career when I was breaking into the league,” said Guillaume Latendresse.

“He’d often take me aside to talk to me or help me any way he could. No matter what was happening on the ice and whether he was in the lineup or not, Breezer always had a smile on his face and was always nice to everyone he met. He can hang up his skates today knowing that he had a great career and he was lucky to experience all that he did over the years," Latendresse added.

Briesbois played 1909 games in the NHL and had 98 goals and 322 assists for a total of 420 points.“He was a great teammate and while it’s sad to see him retire it’s part of life in the NHL,” said Markov. “He was always such a positive guy who gave 100-percent in everything he did.”Briesbois has won a Cup with Montreal in 1993 and with Colorado in 2001.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment