ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, September 25, 2009

BRIESEBOIS SAYS GOOD BYE


Last night Patrice Briesbois said good bye to Montreal with some tears. Briesbois talked aabout why he was wearing the 1993 Stanley cup champion ring."I wore it today for the first time since 1993 because I told myself that I'm a winner," the Montreal native said through tears, addressing his coach from that year, Jacques Demers. "No one can ever take that away from me."

Briesbois is thankful that Bob Gainey brang him back to Montreal in 2003."I really think Bob re-launched my career," Brisebois said. "I felt free on the ice after he did that. I knew if I made a mistake, I wouldn't hear those boos again. In March against the Devils Bresibois played his 1000th game in the NHL."Without Bob, I don't think it would have been possible," Brisebois said. "That ovation is something I'll remember the rest of my life." Brisebois will never forget his years in Montreal.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment