ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Latendresse Wants to stay in Montreal With A Long-Term Contract


In a press conference earlier this Month, Latendresse stated that he wants to stay in Montreal for a long time."I'm looking for a somewhat long term deal with the Montreal Canadiens," He said. "I know that I'm not going to get a 10 year contract. Those kinds of deals are deals that a player like Carey Price might get. I would at least want a 5 years contract. I understand the circumstances with the Salary cap but we both now that I'm not a 3 million dollar player. I just want enough money that they can give me." This season the Cap is lower than last season. So that means that Montreal might not be able to afford a 5 year contract.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment