ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Carbonneau said he wants to return to coaching the Canadiens


Last night CBC asked Carbonneau if he would return to the Canadiens if Gainey askes him to? He simply reasponded "Yes I would.As a player, I was traded to St. Louis, then Dallas," said Carbonneau. "It's hard, but you learn to adapt. I'm good where I am at the moment, but I would have preferred being behind the Canadiens bench, even if the team lost in four games against the Bruins."When he was asked: if you was behind the Canadiens bench when the Habs were trailing 3-0 if he would bench Price and put Halak in?"I've always trusted both goalies," Carbonneau said.

Carbonneau also talked about how hard it was to control players when they are off the ice."It's difficult, sometimes impossible, to control the comings and goings of players," Carbonneau said. "Possibly, some of the escapades outside hockey created distractions and affected performance, but these things often happen. It's just that the last year was exceptionally fertile." Carbonneau was also asked if any team had asked him to coach them when he was on a trip in Dallas.He reasponded:"No team has approached me yet," he said. "I expect to start getting offers at the end of the month, or in early June."

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment