ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Habs offer Kovalev New Contract And Captaincy


According to sources, Kovalev was offered a $7.5 million dollar contract for 1 year which would include Captaincy.Koivu, has been the Canadiens second-longest serving captain. His nine seasons with the 'C' has made him just be 1 year year back from the legendary Jean Beliveau(who was captain for 10 seasons)."If I'm not signed by July 1, I don't think I'll be back in Montreal," Koivu said last month. "Finishing your career with one team would be awesome in a way, but it's too early to say because I don't know what the team's plan is. We lost yesterday, so I need time to sit down with my family and figure out what's best for us."

Koivu talked to the media today and said:"The most important thing is to stay positive at this point and don't worry about what's going to happen."According to sources, Kovalev wants to remain with the Canadiens and negotiations with the team would continue when he returns from his vacation. Only time will tell who will stay on the Habs.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

OTHER NHL NEWS:ROY SAYS NO TO AVALANCHE COACHING OFFER (For this story go to TSN.ca)

If you would like to read about the Stanley Cup Final just go to my other blog at:http://stanleycupfinal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment