ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, September 27, 2012

SUBBAN TO BE SIGNED AFTER THE LOCKOUT
















               With the 2012-13 NHL lockout in full force, the Habs have stopped negotiating with Star defenseman PK Subban. Before the lockout, Marc Bergivan offered Subban a 3 year $12 Million contract and Subban and his agent were ready to sign. But then the lockout hit and negotiations were put on hold. The NHL wants players to get a salary reduction. So both the Habs and Subban decided, why sign a contract and then later get it reduced if the NHL gets their way. So Bergivan decided that he will sign Subban to a contract after the lockout."There's no question that people know that I enjoy playing [in Montreal]," Subban said. "I grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. "

          "I love playing there and I want to play there for the rest of my career.Maybe a lot of people were expecting me to have [the contract] done by now, but I know that it's a process," Subban said. "I don't think there is any doubt in anybody's mind that I want to be a Montreal Canadien, so hopefully it gets done."Whenever the Lockout ends, expect to see Subban back in the Blu, Blanc and Rouge.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment