ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

SUBBAN IS STILL NOT SIGNED, BUT HE'S NEGOTIATING















          It is now September 12th and Marc Bergevan still hasn't closed a deal with Canadiens star defence man P.K Subban. Bergevan had offered Subban a 2 year $5.5 Million dollar contract, but Subban wanted a longer deal. So it was quickly rejected. “I’ve never felt one ounce of pressure, I’ve never put any pressure on anybody to do anything. I’ve had two years and two playoffs to prove that I can play and be a top defenseman in this league and I think I’ve done that," Subban Said. "A lot of people ask me questions about my contract, if I could print one out and fill it out I would. Ultimately it’s not up to me – it’s up to my agent and the Montreal Canadiens organization to get it done. I’m confident that they will.”

        But some good news coming out of today. It has now been reported that Subban is close to signing a 3 Year Deal. But if he does sign a deal it will probably be after the NHL's CBA deadline on September 15th. I think the CBA is a big contribution to as if Subban will sign in Montreal this year because if no deal from the NHL is made by the deadline there will be a lockout. If there is a lockout Subban may want to play else where which would result in him not signing in Montreal.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment