ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Price and Higgins break Canadiens Losing streak



Last Night at the Bell Center Higgins Scored his first Career Hat-Trick."I've come close a few times," Higgins said after his 3 goal Hat-Trick which led the Canadiens to a 4-0 NHL victory over the Ottawa Senators last night. "I hit the post a few times trying to get one.For it to go in was nice, especially here in front of our fans."

Guillaume Latendresse also scored for the Canadiens in there 4-0 win.Carey Price made 28 saves for the Northeast Division leaders the Montreal Canadiens who have a 9-2-2 Record.Guy Carbonneau had a few words to say about the game."this was the best 60 minutes we've played this Season."He told the Press.

Chris Higgins dedicated his hat-trick to his mother Susan."My dad gets a lot of credit for where I am right now in hockey but my mom's the heart of the family and this is for her," he said.

Last season, Ottawa was 5-3-0 against Montreal, but lost the last two games against the Canadiens.Tom Kostopoulos served the first of his three-game suspension for a so called dirty hit from behind on Toronto's Mike Van Ryn. Steve Begin and Patrice Brisebois were scratches for Montreal in last night's game against Ottawa. Luke Richardson was scratched from Ottawa's lineup.

Ruttu laded a dirty hit on Montreal Forward Maximum Lapierre.Carbonneau said he hopes the NHL reviews the incident because "it was a shot to the head."

Rutu was sent to the dressing room with a 10-minute misconduct for talking to Lapierre on the bench, and waved to the braying crowd as he left the ice."They cheered for me, so why not thank them," said Ruttu. "I want to be black or white - love me or hate me. I don't want to be a gray area."

The Canadiens next game will be tomorrow against the Bruins.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment