ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Canadiens get a hard worked victory



The Canadiens started their 7 game home stand last night(Longest home-stand in Canadiens History) with a 3-2 win over the Sabers.Thomas Vanek scored a goal in the first period to give the Sabers a 1-0 lead,until Andrei Kostisyn tied it at 1 apeace in the Second.5 minutes after Kostisyn tied the game,Thomas Vanek scored again to give the Sabers another 1 goal lead.But before the period was over Begin and Markov traded goals to give the Canadiens a 3-2 lead. "Saku made a great play to get the puck to me and I just kept my stick on the ice," said Markov. ''The win was huge for us."We've been up and down. We're still looking for our game and I think we can still play better.""Our attitude was better from the start," said Montreal coach Guy Carbonneau.

Vanek put the puck between his own legs and lifted it past Carey Price on a nifty move at 13:31 of the first period.This particular play was the Highlight of the Night on TSN's sportcenter."It was a great play by (Jaroslav) Spacek to keep the puck in," said Vanek. "I was going to go off, but when I saw that, I stayed in front and the puck came to me."I knew that if I just turned and shot, Price was pretty solid and I had to put him off because I was in so tight, so I put it between my legs and shot it and it worked out."Even Though that was a very nice goal the Canadiens picked up the 2 points and the Sabers picked up 0 points in last night's game.

The Canadiens next game will be on Tuesday at the Bell-Center against the Thrashers at 7:30 Pm E.T on TSN,and RDS



Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment