ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, June 18, 2010

OUT OF THE BLUE AND INTO THE NEW


With the Canadiens trading away there star goalie there has been a lot of questioned being asked about why they traded Halak when the Blues called to make an offer for Carey Price and not Halak. But the Habs decided (and I agree) to trade Halak instead because Carey Price is the future of this historic Franchise. "They never talked to us about the possibility of a new deal or staying in Montreal," Halak said. "But it never happened. That's why the news I got today was a little bit surprising for me. It was still early and also that's why I was surprised -- it came early. But I'm really excited about the new start." This may be a surprise for Halak but Halak wants more than his last pay ($800,000) and he would probably ask for 2 0r 3 Million and the Habs can't afford that.

"I guess that was the best way to do it, to deal one goalie and leave one goalie in Montreal. I was the one who got dealt," Halak said. "I'm very excited that I'm in St. Louis, and I'm looking forward to the new start and fresh start for me." The Blues are expected to sign Halak by the end of the week.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment