ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, June 27, 2010

CANADIENS SELECT DEFENCEMAN TINORDI 27TH OVERALL IN ROUND 1


Friday in LA at the draft, Canadiens Gm Pierre Gauthier traded up five spots (traded 27th and 57th picks to Coyotes) so they can draft Defenceman Jarred Tinordi (US U18)."He's a big strong defenceman like that with a lot of character and leadership, that's something that every team would look for," Gauthier said. The Canadiens realized that they had to get bigger if they want to win the Stanley Cup so this is a great player for them.“When I saw that there was a trade and the Canadiens acquired the Coyotes pick, I had a good feeling,” admitted the 6-foot-6 defenseman who was ranked 38th among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting. “My advisors told me Montreal was really interested in me and that I was way up on their list. I’m just really happy and this is the biggest moment of my life.”

Expect Tinordi to play with Montreal next season.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment