ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

HABS SIGN PLEKANEC TO A 6 YEAR CONTRACT


Yesterday night in Montreal, the Cannadiens GM Pierre Gauthier announced that he had signed forward Tomas Plekanec to a 6 year $30M contract.“I’ve always said it and I meant it. I wanted to stay in Montreal. I’m extremely happy and excited to be back here for six more years,” explained Plekanec. “I couldn’t be happier and this is an exciting time for me.” Plekanec is coming off a great season by getting 25 goals and 45 assist (70 points) in 82 games including 4 goals and 19 assist (23 points) in an added 19 playoff games. "I knew I had a bad year the previous year and I wanted to start strong, and I had a good start," Plekanec said. "I knew I had to get stronger mentally and that's what happened."

Plekanec is the only player that has continued to be the only free agent on Montreal that they have signed over the past 3 or 4 years as you can look back to the free agents in the past that have not returned such as Michael Ryder, Sheldon Souray and Mark Streit to Alex Tanguay, Robert Lang,Saku Koivu, Alex Kovalev and the list goes on and on. But with this long term deal I think Plekanec will be in Montreal For a long time.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment