ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, June 3, 2010

HABS DEVELOPMENT CAMP



With the Canadiens being out of the playoffs, it gave some future Canadiens stars a chance to shine like Louis Leblanc who was the Habs first pick in the draft in 2009. Leblanc decided to is leave Harvard University after just 1 year. He wasn't expected to leave for another year. So I think that we will see LeBlanc in a Habs jersey next season. "I want to be a hockey player and I have to develop to get there. I'm planning to take the best road to play for the Canadiens one day," said Leblanc. "You just need to look at a guy like Dominic Moore who did his four years at Harvard and was an important player for the Canadiens this year."

In other camp news, Steve Quailer is going to get his first crack at Habs camp. He was unable to attend last year due to Injury. “I was hurt in a preseason game this year and I didn’t play at all during the 2009-10 season,” admitted the 20-year-old forward. “This is the first time I’ve gone through a tough practice since my injury. Of course I was working out and came out and skated around a little, but nothing this intense, that’s for sure."Going down in the preseason is probably the worst thing that could happen. Missing 40-straight games isn’t exactly an ideal season,” explained Quailer with a laugh before adding. “I had to stay at school the whole time… I don’t love school; I love hockey.”

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

For More Camp News visit:

Canadiens de Montréal ( http://canadiens.nhl.com/ )

DEVELOPMENT CAMP ROSTER

Hunter Bishop

Michael Cichy

Gabriel Dumont

Olivier Fortier

Tanner House

Patrick Johnson

Danny Kristo

Louis Leblanc

Philippe Lefebvre

Dany Massé

Joonas Natinnen

Steven Quailer

Defencemen:

Mac Bennett

Marc-Antoine Desnoyers

Myles Harvey

Scott Kishel

Brendon Nash

Joe Stejskal

Goaltenders:

Thomas Baumle

J. Christophe Blanchard

Riley Gill

Petteri Similla

No comments:

Post a Comment