ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, August 27, 2009

KOVALEV WOULD LIKE TO RETIRE IN MONTREAL


Today at a golf tournament in Montreal, Kovalev talked about how nice it would be to retire in Montreal. "I've been back in Montreal for 4 or 5 times in the last three weeks," Kovalev said. "Every time you see a fan on the street, they say they're really disappointed. That's why I say, maybe after two years I'll be back again. It definitely would be nice to retire here. But it's not for me to talk about Montreal. I'm part of another organization. I'm going to go there and do the best I can and we'll see what happens." So in order to replace a player like Kovalev, Gainey signed Brian Gionta.

"We hadn't agreed on the amount with Kovalev, but another player was willing to come and join our team," general manager Bob Gainey told radio station CJAD 800.. "So the dollars that we had allotted there for a particular position were grabbed up by another player." So now the question is how will Gionta handle the pressure of playing alongside Scott Gomez and Mike Cammalleri in Montreal?

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment