ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, August 20, 2009

GOMEZ IS READY FOR NEXT SEASON


Today in Montreal, Gomez talked about being a Montreal Canadien and all the pressure that goes along with it."I've been in Montreal now since the beginning of the month. It's a little different. I mean, everywhere you go people are going to recognize you," Gomez said Wednesday. "I left a great place and I'm going where they say hockey kind of got started and it's going to be neat." Gomez is coming of a bad season with the Rangers by getting only 16 goals when he was expected to get 40. But Scott Gomez say's he want's to rebound in this upcoming season.

"It's something I want to do. It's not going to be easy. Us Mexicans, we roll our "R"s," Gomez joked, adding that learning French "...is important. I do believe that if you go into someone else's country you always try to learn the language. It might not sound pretty but hopefully it'll be all right." Gomez also talked about wanting to learn French." Well I the only thing I learned so far is Merci beaucoup. But I think in time I will learn more."

Written by Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment