ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Canadiens pick Alexander Avtsyn 109th overall in Round 4


This afternoon in Montreal at the draft, Bob Gainey announced that they have picked Alexander Avtsyn 109th overall in Round 4. The Right Winger had a great season in Russia getting 56 goals and 110 points in 76 games. “Montreal is a very good city and a very good team; the team with the most tradition in the NHL,” said Avtsyn with some translation help from Nikolai Vakourov, the Habs’ Russian scout. “I hope to come to North America after next year.

“I play a physical style with lots of speed and a hard shot but I need to work on my game away from the puck. I will work hard to do it," added Avtsyn. "I try to play the same way that Ovechkin plays. Having the Russians around the Canadiens dressing room will definitely make it easier to be comfortable in Montreal, too.”

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment