ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, June 27, 2009

CANADIENS DRAFT MAC BENNETT 79TH OVERALL IN ROUND 3


Today at the draft in Montreal ,Canadiens GM Bob Gainey announced that he has picked Mac Bennett 79th overall in round 3. Mac Bennett is a defenseman from Warwick of the United States.“This summer I’ll just be working out a lot, trying to get bigger and stronger,” said Bennett. “ I’ll probably stay off of the ice for a while and work as hard as I can off the ice.I don’t shy away from the physical part of the game, but I wouldn’t say that I’m a checker.I’m more of an offensive defenseman, quarterback on the power play type of guy. If I have to hit or I have to fight, I can do that too.”

Mac Bennett's grandfather is former Bruins goaltender Harvey Bennett and his uncles, Curt and Harvey Bennett Jr. both played in the NHL at one time. So now Bennett can add his name to his family tree of players that have played in the NHL because in about 1-2 years he will be playing in the NHL.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment