ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, February 28, 2009

SCHNEIDER SCORES OT WINNER AS CANADIENS DEFEAT THE FLYERS



Schneider did what Montreal wanted him to do when they acquired him from Atlanta. Score on the Power-play.Schneider scored with a man advantage at 3:21 of overtime to give the Montreal Canadiens a 4-3 victory over Philadelphia last night.''I just tried to hang on and just get a wrister through with a screen,'' Schneider said. Scottie Upshall was upset with the ref.beacuse he got called for goalie interference in Overtime (Which eventually lead to Schneider's game winner).Upshall argued the call and said it was unfair, especially so late in OT.''I didn't think I went in and intentionally hit the goalie,'' Upshall said. ''From one angle, it looked like I might have clipped the back of his mask, but I know I hit the back of his leg.I got tripped."The Flyers outshot the Canadiens 37-31 in regulation. But were unable to score on 8 powerplays.''Special teams was the difference and they won it,'' Flyers coach John Stevens said.

Flyers golie Niittymaki stopped 32 shots in the lose.Habs golie Halak made 35 saves in the win.The Flyers placed Metropolit on waivers to clear salary cap space for Briere, then saw him immediately picked up by Montreal."You know how they say, no friends on the ice," Metropolit said. "I just tried to compete tonight and just worry about the task at hand."The Canadiens next game will be tonight against the Sharks at 7:00pm E.T on CBC and RDS.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment