ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, February 26, 2009

DANDENAULT AND LARAQUE ASKS TO BE MOVED BY CANADIENS



Today winger Steve Begin was traded, sources say Montreal Canadiens defenceman Mathieu Dandenault and Georges Laraque may be the next to go."I would never ask for something like that (a trade) at this time of the year," Laraque said when asked about the possibility of a deadline deal. "I want to make it work but at at the same time I'm a hockey player and I need to be playing.I don't know where everything is going right now, I haven't been playing since I've been back and I would just assume that if my role isn't required then I wouldn't be surprised if they had to move me."Dandenault is in the final year of a three year contract that pays him $1.75 million per season and depending on the return, moving him could help Montreal create cap space for any additional trades for the deadline.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment