ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MORE NEWS ON THE INJURY'S OF THE CANADIENS



Robert Lang (achillies tendon):

Robert Lang met with the media for the first time since he last injured his achillies tendon on Febuary 1st against the Bruins."It was a strange feeling for sure, and kind of scary at first. The sensation was nothing like I’d ever had before. But stuff happens in this game, you just have to fight through it,” said Lang, who has missed 10 games and counting. “If everything goes well, I could be back in during the playoffs if the team goes deep enough into the spring. You just have to look right here in our dressing room at a guy like Chipper [Kyle Chipchura] who had the exact thing happen to him in junior and he came back from it. I can’t dwell on it and I just need to let it heal and stay positive.”He is expected to return on April 19th against the Penguins.

Alex Tanugay (injured shoulder):

Tanguay has been skating with the Canadiens throughout the week. He said that he might play tonight against the Canucks.“I’m feeling good. I’ll meet with team doctors today to hopefully get the green light,” he noted. “There haven’t been any issues movement-wise. My power isn’t back at full force just yet but I didn’t expect to be back at 100% anyhow.“I’m just anxious to get back and help the team.”Before Tanguay got hurt he lead the Canadiens with 6 power-play goals.

Francis Bouillon (groin):

Bouillon will be out for at least 4 weeks with a groin injury.“You always hope for the best but it’s definitely frustrating,” admitted Bouillon. “We’re saying weeks but there’s no timetable yet. I’ve had groin injuries in the past but when it happened, I knew it was pretty bad.”


Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment