ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saku Koivu Criticized ? Plus Koivu talks about chances of a cup in Montreal



Last year at the Canadiens golf tournament Koivu got Criticized for being honest.''Last year I said i think we got good potential but I don't think were big contenders for the cup.I think the fans took it the wrong way.''Explained Koivu. This year the fans Criticized him for not showing up at the golf tournament.He didn't even show up at training camp instead he stayed in Finland but Koivu had good reasons.''I talked to Gainy and told him i will be doing all the same drills i would be doing with the team.''Explained Koivu.


Koivu has been the Canadiens captain for a long time.But for the first time in his career, Koivu has a shot at the Stanley Cup and he can't wait to get the season started.'I was questioned a lot when I signed my contract two years ago about why I did it and why I stayed.The reason why I stayed was because I saw the potential that is possible here, and I want to be here if the team wins the Stanley Cup in the next couple of years.'' Koivu Explained.

Koivu will be entering his 10th season as team captain.No captain in Habs history has played through the ups and the downs like koivu has.'' I've seen the ups and the downs when we had a good team, but the latest years weren't a lot of fun.But this season I think were contenders.This is the best Habs team I've seen in a long time.''

Time will tell if this is the Canadiens Stanley Cup Champion team.


Written By:Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment