ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Monday, September 8, 2008

Jason Missiaen Top Prospect



With their fourth-round selection, 116th overall, the Canadiens have picked Jason Missiaen, a goaltender from the Peterborough Peter of the OHL. And he's a large goaltender, listed at 6 foot, 8 inches tall, weighing 193 pounds, a native of Chatham, Ont. This pick was the Canadiens tallest draft pick in there history.

Jason Missiaen's story as quoted below:

“I started playing hockey when I was eight years old,” said Missiaen, the tallest player ever to be chosen by the Habs. “But the problem was that my mom insisted that I wear the most protection possible and that’s how I became a goalie.”

Ranked 23rd among North American goalies, Missiaen was nonetheless the 12th goalie to hear his named called at the Scotiabank Place.

“I knew Montreal was interested in me, but I never expected to be picked so soon. This whole experience is hard for me to even put into words.”
The morning of game day I like to keep to myself to avoid distractions. Throughout the day I try to picture myself making saves, always having good positioning and good rebounds. I try to eat the same things at the same times. My pre-game meal consists of spaghetti with meat sauce. If the game is at 7pm I like to eat at 3pm. After my meal I take a short nap 30-45 minutes max.

''When I arrive at the rink I tape two sticks both toe to heal. After that I warm up on the bike and stretch while visualizing myself in game situations. Throughout this time I am not socializing with fellow teammates. While I am getting dressed I put on my left side first then my right. At the end of warm-up I like to leave the ice with 41 seconds left on the clock. During the anthems I like to stand in between my crease and the hash marks while visualizing more game situations. During stoppages of play I always skate to the corner to my left and never to the right. My water bottle is always pointing to the left of the goal.''

Quotes said BY:Jason Missiaen

No comments:

Post a Comment