ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

EXCLUSIVE STORY: STECKEL SAYS "Ovechkin Needs an Attitude Change"















            Yesterday afternoon, David Steckel came to visit William Lyon Mackenzie High School to speak to a select audience (Containing about 60-70 students) about his hockey career. But as he started to take questions, the topics ranged from his hit on Crosby to if the Capitals will win the Stanley cup and to Alex Ovechkin. When Steckel was asked if Alex Ovechkin needed an attitude change, he replied by saying: "Well I guess since there's no media here I can tell you. If you asked me this 4 years ago I would say no. But after playing with him for 4 and a half years, I would say.. Yes, he definitely needs an attitude change." Steckel was also asked if he thinks the Capitals could win the Stanley Cups within the coming years. "No. I don't think they will because there's too much selfishness in the dressing room," Steckel said. "The players seemed to me like they are all for themselves." Regarding the Crosby hit Steckel said the same thing that he told the media. "I didn't see him there. I didn't know it was Crosby until after the game."

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment