ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, December 4, 2009

CANADIENS CELEBRATED THERE 100th BIRTHDAY TONIGHT


Tonight in Montreal, the Canadiens celebrated there 100th birthday with style by letting Canadiens legends hit the ice for the last time."This is an organization from top to bottom," Cournoyer said. "You need the players, but you need the coach and you need the general manager and the owners. Everywhere you go, the Montreal Canadiens are respected and that's why — it's a good organization."I went to the Forum to play my first game with the junior Canadiens when I was 17 years old and played my last game when I was 35. This is like my second home. These other guys are like my brothers, my family."They also retired numbers 3(Elmer Lach) and 16( Emile Bouchard)for the oldest Canadiens players around today.

The Canadiens organization was found on December 4th 1904 but they didn't play in aleague until January 5th 1910. Ever since 1910 the Canadiens had won 24 Stanley cups. There Last cup was 16 years ago in 1993."What has made this such a special evening is to see the collection of players here," Moore said. "I don't care which team, which year, we're all family. To have so many of these guys back together is what makes the organization so great." This was a great night for Montreal. It was there 100th anniversary. But as Ken Dryden Said the Canadiens have to leave the past behind them and decide if they want to win. I can't agree more. The past is the past and if the Canadiens ever want to win there 25th stanley cup anytime soon they will need to work for it.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment