ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, March 16, 2013

TINORDI GRABS FIRST NHL POINT AS THE HABS WIN 5TH STRAIGHT





















GOAL SCORERS

MTL:   C. Armstrong (08:08 - 1st) , T. Plekanec (06:49 - 3rd)
NJD:   P. Harrold (PPG, 03:54 - 2nd)
GOALIES

MTL: C. Price (W)
 NJD: J. Hedberg (L)





        Earlier tonight in New Jersey, the Habs were looking to remain in first in the Eastern Conference with a win. 8 minutes in,  Armstrong fires a shot past Hedberg for his first goal as a Montreal Canadien to make it 1-0. The shots in the first were 9-7 Montreal. 4 minutes into the second with the Devils on a powerplay, Harolds shot from the left circle beat Price to tie the game. The Devils did a good job at screening Price as they had 2 men in front and he never even saw the shot. The score was 1-1 after 2 and the shots in the second were 8-4 Devils.

        7 minutes into the third, Zidlicky had the puck behind the Devils net, and he tried to clear it up the middle and it went right to Tinordi and he one timed a shot and it was redirected in front by Plekanec to make it 2-1 and that was Tinordis first NHL point. 2-1 would be the final as the Habs win their 5th straight.

"I felt pretty comfortable out there," said Tinordi, who played 19 shifts and almost 15 minutes just two days after being called up from Hamilton. "I think the nervousness and the butterflies were gone after the first couple of shifts.

      I tried not to think about the way I was playing. I knew we scored on the play. I didn't realize I got an assist. The boys were pretty happy for me. I was just shooting it to get it on net." The Habs grabbed a win thanks in big part to Carey Price as he made 18 third period saves and 32 saves overall."They put a little bit of a full-court press on us, but our guys battled hard all night," Price said. "We're working hard every night, trying to keep things simple. I think that's the style of play we have to have.

       "We have good teamwork and that's what's working for us.I think our team is excellent in coming back after I make a save, collapsing on everything I leave out there, cleaning up the trash. We're sticking to the game plan and that makes it a lot easier."

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment