ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HAS THE GHOST OF THE FORUM MOVED TO THE BELL CENTRE?


With the Canadiens game 6 win over the Penguins, the big question has been about the Ghost of the Forum if it had been moved to the Bell Centre. Well I think it will look that way if the Habs will win Game 7 and advance to the Conference Final for the first time since 1993 when the Habs won the Stanley cup. “Anything is possible in the playoffs. I mean I went to the final with the Oilers in 2006 and it was the same thing: no one gave us a chance and we just kept beating teams one by one. You just have to believe in each other and go for it,” recalled Spacek.

But regardless if they do or do not win Game 7, I think the Ghost has returned and will lead the Habs to success in this decade. From the year 2000-2009 the Habs did not win the cup and that set a new record for the first decade in Habs history where they did not win the Cup. So in My opinion, I think the Ghost just took a decade off and I think he has returned to help the Habs. Just look at what the Habs have now. They have set records that were last set in 1993. For Example,Mike Cammalleri being the first Canadian player since 1993 to get 10 or more goals (set by Vincent Damphoose). Another Example is Jaroslav Halak's Save percentage (0.932) which is the closet save percentage (0.929) since 1993 set by Patrick Roy.I think the Ghost of the Forum will start giving the Habs success now by giving the Habs success in Pittsburgh in Game 7.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment