ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Saturday, April 17, 2010

PRICE UNDERSTANDS HIS ROLE


Today in Washington, Carey Price talked about his role on the Montreal Canadiens."I kind of understand the situation and I do see a bigger picture," Price said of his backup role. "What I do now can lead to my next step, so all I can do is stay humble and keep working as hard as I can. When he's playing well it makes me want to play better, and when I'm playing well it makes him want to play better. That's just how it is. If you have that healthy relationship, it just pushes you to be better." In my opinion, Carey Price didn't play bad when he played. But then again when you look at the stats, Carey Price hasn't won for more than 2 months. Then if you look at Halak, he has won as of late and the Habs do play better in front of him.

Carey Price played in 41 games and he had 13 wins 20 losses and 5 overtime losses with 0 shutouts for the first time in his 3 season career. Then if you look at Jaroslav Halak, he has played in 45 games and he has 26 wins, 13 losses and 5 overtime losses with 5 shutouts (his career high). Now lets look at playoff stats. In just 4 playoff games, Halak has 1 win (latest win v.s the Caps) and 1 loss. As for Price, he has played in 15 games and he had 5 wins and 10 losses with 1 shutout. So Price has more experience but the Habs play better in front of Halak. So I think Martin made the right decision by putting Halak in net for the playoffs.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment