ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, October 18, 2009

SENATORS HAND CANADIENS 5TH STRAIGHT LOSS, WITH HELP FROM KOVALEV


Yesterday night in Montreal, Kovalev was making his return to Montreal for the first time. He played a big part in the game for the Senators as he had a goal and an assist to lead his team to a 3-1 victory over Montreal."I didn't know what to expect, but it doesn't matter if it was booing or cheering, it was all about recognition," Kovalev said. "I got that tonight, and I really appreciate the fans that gave me that support all those years." As for the Canadiens, in the loss they were booed for the most part of the third period after Alexi Kovalev had scored.

"The fans expect us to win games so in that sense their reaction is not unexpected," Mike Cammalleri (who scored the loan goal for Montreal) said. "If I was a fan I wouldn't be happy either."In the loss, Canadiens goaltender Carey Price made 19 saves. As for the Sens, in the win Leclaire made 27 saves."Early in the game I might have made one or two nice saves, but the more the game went on we raised our game," Leclaire said. "I didn't have to do a whole lot in the second half of the game."

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment